Basin Bridge Gas Turbine Power Station
- Basin Bridge Gas Turbine Power Station is located in Chennai city about 3KMs from Chennai Central & Chennai Egmore Railway Stations.
- The cost of the project is Rs. 490.23 Crores.
- The project was aided by Overseas Economic Co-operative Fund, Japan.
- The Units can be operated by multi fuels, such as Naphtha and Natural Gas(Dual fuel system) starting fuel used is High Speed Diesel(HSD).
- Due to non-availability of Natural Gas / LNG at Chennai, The Units are being operated on Naphtha fuel.
- From 20.01.2010 onwards, the Units are run also as synchronous condenser to supply reactive power to the Grid for better Voltage profile and system stability.
- Salient Features:
- Capacity - 120 MW (4 units * 30)
- Year of Commisioning - 1996
- Fuel - Naptha
- Cost of generation /unit - Rs 9.72
- Mode of Operation -Open Cycle
Basin Bridge Gas Turbine Power Station,
Basin Bridge, Chennai –600 012.
Phone Office : 044-26671384
FAX : 044-26670050
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org