TNEB has Sub Load despatch Centres at Chennai, Madurai and Erode and State Load Despatch Centre at Chennai. TNEB has RTU at all 230KV Sub Stations and all Generating Stations. Data from RTUs poll to the Regional Sub Load Despatch Centres (SLDC). The data from SLDCs transmitted to State Load Despatch Centre and to SRLDC-Bangalore.
DCC - SCADA (Distribution Control Centre- Supervisory control and Data Acquisition) in Chennai
TNEB was First in India to establish distribution SCADA. It was commissioned during 2000 with 95 Distribution Sub Stations and One Control Centre with Voice Communication facility for all Sub Stations over Radio. Data communication is over Radio and the System is being replaced by a new System under R-APDRP.
Special protection schemes:
• Talcher-Kolar DC power Transmission by Bipoles.
• Total Power Transmission 1000MW.
• One pole trips and identified feeders are to trip.
• This is ensured through SPS over a series of DMW, Fibre optic and PLCC network.
• P&C wing ensures that the system is fool proof.
• Faults in grid feeders are isolated in the times as per established norms
• Power swings because of feeder tripping or sudden loss of generation are properly discriminated in the protection scheme
• Load Shedding of identified feeders through Under frequency Relays at various SubStations
Inter State Coordination
• Protection Coordination with other Utilities like PGCIL and Protection and Data transmission related issues are addressed.
• New schemes as and when required as per IEGC are properly implemented by P&C wing