Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. How can I get a new service connection?
The internal electrical wiring should be carried out through certified electrical license holder and the area Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance of TNEB may be contacted for further assistance. Forms are available in the website.
2. What can I do for converting my single phase service connection to three phase one?
The connected load has to be grouped in such a way that they are equal in all the three phases totalling to 4 KW & above.The wiring may be reorganized for three phase connection and the area Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance of TNEB may be contacted for further assistance.
3. During Power failure , whom I should complaint ?
You may register your complaint to FOC(Fuse of call centre) of your area/or inform your area Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance of TNEB or contact centralized call centre of the City. The phone no for Chennai Centralized Call Centre is 155333.
4. What is the procedure for name transfer of service connection?
You may contact your area Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance of TNEB with relevant records of the change of ownership and he/she will assist you further . Application forms are available in the website.
5. When there is an error in meter recording, what should I do ?
If you suspect an error like slow recording or speed recording in meter, you can represent the matter to your area Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance of TNEB with your white meter card . Similarly if you find that your meter does not record the consumption kindly intimate the area Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance immediately for rectification.
6. Where can I know the status of my electricity billing other than white meter card?
Visit TNEB’s website www.tneb.in select bill status, region and enter your service connection number to know the status of billing.
7. When suddenly meter burns in my service connection,what I should do ?
You may contact your area Assistant Engineer /Operation & Maintenance ,with requisition to replace the meter on payment of meter cost.
8. Can I make advance payment of my electricity bills ? How it will be
Yes .You can make an advance payment of your electricity bills at any time you desire. Contact the AE/Inspector of Assessment /Revenue Supervisor of your area Section office of TNEB. The advance paid will be adjusted in your service connection charges in subsequent bimonthly billings.
9. What I should do to change my tariff when needed ?
You may contact your area Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance and give a requisition letter explaining the purpose of tariff change along with documentary proof.
10. What is the procedure to get the temporary supply ?
Complete your internal wiring and contact your area Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance for further assistance
11. Is it possible for me to pay my electricity bill through ECS /online
Payment of electricity bill through ECS for LT consumers is available only for the Chennai Central Circle and Chennai South Circle. To avail this facility you may contact the Deputy Financial Controller(DFC) of the respective Circle.
Above facilities will be extended to other areas shortly.